What to do to make things not painted
What a shame it is when your favorite sweater, scarf, jacket sheds. What to do so that things are not painted? How to organize the washing process so that they do not spoil much? We will answer these questions and provide detailed instructions and a description of the actions.to contents ↑
How to wash so that the fabric does not dye?
Always, during the first treatment, you can determine whether the fabric is dyed or not. In contact with water, it shares its color. Read more in the article on the link for all the reasons, why clothes are dyed.
To make clothes shed less and keep their color longer, you will need such means:
- detergent for hand washing.
- a bowl for soaking;
- washing machine.
You can save yourself from unnecessary trouble if you know in advance about some of the features of different clothes. On our site you can view a review on the topic, what things and fabrics are often dyed.to contents ↑
How to wash so that things are not painted?
First you need to remember: the dyeing fabric needs to be washed separately. At the same time, it is important to maintain its shade as long as possible, because you like it so much! There are several ways to do this using the above tools.
If you are sure that the fabric does not dye slightly, then you can try to get rid of excess paint. This is done like this:
- Soak a thing in warm water.
- Rinse with running water.
- Soak again for 40 minutes.
- If less dye, rinse under the tap.
- Soak until excess paint is washed off.
- Wash with powder in a typewriter.
If the fabric still continues to dye, then you will have to use auxiliaries. Salt is a natural mineral, it is able to “retain” color and at the same time remove dirt. For effective use, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Take a bowl of water just above room temperature.
- Add 1 cup of salt and a handful of powder.
- Soak the item for 30 minutes.
- Wash by hand.
- Rinse in running water.
Note: This option is only suitable for plain colored fabrics.
The following method using vinegar. Acetic acid fixes the dye, after which the thing further fades less. Proceed as follows:
- Take a deep bowl.
- Pour water in it at 30-40 degrees with the powder.
- Soak the item for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a vinegar solution: 5 tablespoons per bucket of water vinegar.
- Rinse clothes in a solution.
- Hang to dry without twisting.
Another method using vinegar. Only now do not rinse with a solution, but stick in it. You need to do this like this:
- Pour 4 liters of warm water into a deep bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. powder.
- Pour in 3 tbsp. vinegar.
- Immerse the item in the solution.
- Rub a little.
- Rinse in warm running water.
- Hang without twisting.
to contents ↑
Important! If you have a diverse wardrobe and a lot of colored things, you need to find out and remember all the rules for caring for her once. Read a detailed review onhow to wash shedding things.
How to rinse shedding things?
The correct rinsing also determines how long the color will remain on the fabric. To do this, use the following step-by-step instructions:
- After washing, put the item on the bottom of the bath.
- Spray a large pressure of warm water from the shower.
- Flip the other side and repeat the procedure.
- After this, turn out and again treat with room temperature water.
- Lower the temperature and repeat the procedure.
How to wash shedding things in a washing machine?
- Before washing in a machine, soak a thing in a solution of vinegar, using warm water, powder and acid in a ratio of 4 liters / 2 tablespoons / 3 tablespoons.
- Choose a mode with a temperature of less than 40 degrees.
- Turn the clothing inside out before cleaning.
- Put the machine in non-spin mode.
- Hang clothes after machine wash, without twisting, smoothing it with your hands.
- Dry the clothes from the wrong side, putting a bowl under it, so you will avoid unnecessary cleaning of the bathroom.
to contents ↑
Important! See also detailed information on the topic of individual things:
Additional tips for preserving color on clothing
- Do not treat stained fabrics with soda.
- Some things are categorically not machine washable.
- Before you clean such clothes for the first time, carefully read the information on the labels. Self-respecting companies write all recommendations for tissue care.
- When choosing clothes, the easiest way to find out if a thing changes color or not is to quietly rub a piece of your chosen clothing with a damp cloth. If it turns colored, you will know what you are taking.
to contents ↑
Important! If the clothes were hopelessly damaged due to poor-quality dye, but you really like them in style, size and fabric, you can find a way out.
Take note of one of the ideas from our review. "The second life of the faded thing".
As you can see, applying our advice in practice, it’s easy to keep a bright shade. But know, if a thing is excessively painted - manufacturers have saved on quality!